- A 4GB or larger USB stick/flash drive
- Microsoft Windows XP or later
- Rufus, a free and open source USB stick writing tool
- An Ubuntu ISO file
- Insert your USB stick
- Launch Rufus. Rufus could automatically set the device within the Device field. If the Device selected is incorrect (perhaps you have multiple USB storage devices), select the correct one from the device field’s drop-down menu
- Select the appropriate ISO file and click on Open.
- Keep all the following option unchanged or by default. And click on “Start” to begin creating bootable USB device.
Note, for all the warnings, please refer to the references.