My name is Dongliang Mu.
- Undergraduate(2010.09 - 2014.06), Computer Science and Technology, Zhengzhou University
- Ph.D (2014.09 - Now), Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University
- Major field : Software Security & System Security
- Vulnerability Reproduction
- Postmortem Program Analysis
- Vulnerability Diagnose
- Binary Analysis
- Research Assistant in Pennsylvania State University
- Adviser: Dr. Xinyu Xing
- Topic: Diagnose on process/OS crashes/panics
- Talk in the GeekPwn China 2018 in Shanghai
- Name: From Physical Security to Cyber Security: How to forge data spoofing personalized auto insurance
- Organizer of 2018 Penn State Cybersecurity Competition in Pennsylvania State University
- HomePage : https://psusecurity.github.io/
 Xu, J., Mu, D., Chen, P., Wang, P., Xing, X., Liu, P., “CREDAL: Towards Locating a Memory Corruption Vulnerability with Your Core Dump”, In Proceedings of the 23nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS 2016), Vienna, Austria, October 2016.
 Xu, J., Mu, D., Xing, X., Liu, P., Chen, P., Mao, B., “POMP: Postmortem Program Analysis with Hardware-Enhanced Post-Crash Artifacts”, In Proceedings of the 26th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 17), VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA, AUGUST 2017.
 Mu, D., Guo, J., Ding, W., Wang, Z., Mao, B., Shi, L., “ROPOB: Obfuscating Binary Code via ReturnOriented Programming.” In International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Systems (SecureCOMM 17), Niagara Falls, Canada, October 2017.
 Mu, D., Cuevas, A., Yang, L., Hu, H., Wang, G., Xing, X., Mao, B., “Understanding the Reproducibility of Crowd-reported Security Vulnerabilities”, In Proceedings of the 27th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 18), BALTIMORE, MD, USA, AUGUST 2018.
 Guo, W., Mu, D., Xu, J., Su, P., Wang, G. , Xing, X., “LEMNA: Explaining Deep Learning based Security Applications”, In Proceedings of The 25th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS 2018), Toronto, Canada, October 2018. (Outstanding paper award)
 Guo, W.*, Mu, D.*, Xing, X., Du, M., Song, D., “DEEPVSA: Facilitating Value-set Analysis with Deep Learning for Postmortem Program Analysis”, In Proceedings of the 28th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2019), Santa Clara, US, August 2019.
 Chen, Y.*, Mu, D.*, Sun, Z., Xu, J., Shen, W., Xing, X., Lu, L., Mao B., “Ptrix: Efficient Hardware-Assisted Fuzzing for COTS Binary”, In Proceedings of the 14th ACM ASIA Conference on Computer and Communications Security (AsiaCCS 2019), AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND, July 2019
Note that * means equal contribution
CVEs discovered by me
|CVE ID||Vulnerability Type||Vulnerable Software|
|CVE-2018-8881||Heap buffer overflow||nasm-2.13.02rc2|
|CVE-2018-8882||Stack buffer overflow||nasm-2.13.02rc2|
|CVE-2018-8883||Global buffer overflow||nasm-2.13.02rc2|
Open Source Projects
The following projects are Github / Bitbucket Repositories I maintained or contributed.
Book-in-progress related with Linux Kernel
If you need my full CV, please feel free to contact me.